|Location:||India - Bangalore or Ahmedabad|
Head of Engineering
Milestone is a premier provider of Digital Marketing Software and Services. Milestone Digital Presence Cloud helps location-based businesses manage their online presence. Our customers include some of world’s most elite brands such as US Bank, Marriott, McDonalds who use Milestone products to improve the consumer experience and search visibility. Milestone has over 300 employees across 5 locations. Our leadership team has decades of experience in the world of digital marketing and enterprise software and services, and are frequently featured as premier speakers at global conferences like SMX. With over 500 awards and several thousand customers. Milestone is recognized for its achievements by both our peers and by industry experts.
Milestone’s Digital Marketing Cloud Solution include
- Milestone CMS™ - Website Development
- Milestone Local™ - Local Listings and Events Management Software
- Milestone Social™ - Social Media Management Software
- Milestone Reviews™ - Reputation Management Software
- Milestone Analytics™ - Digital Marketing and Analytics Software
- Milestone Insights™ - Digital Audit and Competitive Analysis Software
Milestone is looking for a strong leader who can manage and nurture engineering organization, manages delivery timeline, hire and nurture right talent, embraces latest technology trends and promotes the best organizational culture.
Key role and responsibility
The Head of engineering is responsible for the overall software development lifecycle.
Leading Strategy: In this role, leader works closely with different teams with in the organization including center of excellence, product teams, RD team to lead planning, optimal resource allocation, smooth and successful development of software.
Collaboration and Support: The Head of engineering should work closely with senior team members. Goal is to embrace culture where engineering team takes bigger ownership of solutions, really strive to produce best in class software and works closely with different department to develop scalable technology solutions to increase consumer satisfaction.
Knowledge: The Head of engineering should stay abreast of leading and cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices.
Leadership/People Skills: The candidate should demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, having ability to move a cross-functional group in a unified direction and with a common vision. He will also be a likable and relatable individual who is able to make meaningful and lasting connections with others. He will also be able to inspire confidence in others, making it easy for them to trust in his insights, directives, and judgments.
- Lead, inspire team of 50 plus software engineers to build, maintain award winning product, platform.
- Partner with Product Management to release scope and delivery schedule.
- Work closely with COE teams.
- Oversee Engineering recruiting to budgeted headcount.
- Maintain, nurture and build highly engaged Engineering workforce. Guide continuous learning for the Engineering team and continuous improvement in our solutions.
Communication Skills: Communication skills both in written and verbal form is critical for this role. Candidate need to have exceptionally good communication skills in his leadership position where the clarity of his communications to junior engineering personnel will determine the success or failure of sites/software within the business.
- Communication skills will also be necessary in the drafting of progress reports for senior engineering management, which must be clear, concise, comprehensive, and easy-to-understand.
- Computer Science bachelor's degree (masters preferred), relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of engineering management experience, including managing managers, must also have had at least 5 to 6 years of working as full stack developer
- Demonstrated experience shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams, vendors, and continents
- Experience working in public clouds such as Azure/AWS/GCP, and building applications that operate in multiple availability zones and regions
- Have a proven track-record of consistent project delivery, and designing and developing complex, interactive consumer sites/software, cloud
- Strong understanding of modern platform architectures and emerging technologies
- Experience building, scaling, managing platforms and APIs
- Will possess an innate understanding of data modeling and SQL / NOSQL technologies – MongoDB/Cosmos DB/Cassandra etc.