Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Exempt, Full-time (Maternity Contract)
May 15th through the end of September.
Santa Clara, CA
Milestone is looking for an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to provide support to the CEO and be responsible for ensuring the office runs efficiently by managing administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office. The ideal person for this role will have high-energy and an affable personality with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills, utmost professionalism and ability to balance both strategic and tactical actions. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work professionally with all levels of Executive/Senior staff, employees, and clients. This position is a career opportunity for someone with extensive experience in supporting executives and a proven ability to operate effectively in a strategically focused role.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly calendar for President and assist with Sr. VP of Operations and Technology's calendar.
- Help manage all incoming and outgoing communications via email and phone.
- Manage all meetings and setup, appointments and speaking engagements for the President.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare reports (Ex. Expense reports and team statistic reports) by collecting and analyzing information.
- Manage travel and bookings for the President and Executive team.
- Help in Project Management System and Team Management / Goal Management System.
- Provide general support to employees and visitors, as needed.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences.
- Manage facility by maintaining office condition by arranging necessary repairs.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Ability to lift heavy items (up to 20 pounds).
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but must collaborate with other team members.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift-up to 20 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience in administrative environment. A minimum of 4 years working at the Executive level.
- Proven experience as an office manager, front office manager or administrative assistant.
- Preferred: BA/BS or equivalent experience; past work experience in an agency or software company.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Hands on experience with equipment maintenance.
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, such as Outlook.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements and implement effectively.
- Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
- The ability to navigate web and email at high competency knowledge.
- Must be able to multi-task and be efficient in time management.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff, employees, and clients.
- Strong analytical skills and project management skills
- Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Detail oriented.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
US Citizen or the ability to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Top Reasons to work for Milestone
- Great place to learn with phenomenal growth opportunity
- Stable and rapidly growing company
- Opportunity to work with a fun, amazing and talented team
- Great benefits – medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Phantom stock options
- Bonus initiatives offered
- Exciting and innovative work environment
- Employee referral incentive program
- Breakfast every Friday
- Happy Hour every other Friday
- Monthly events include: birthday celebrations, ice cream socials, fondue, and etc.
- Quarterly outings include: bowling, cooking classes, scavenger hunts, happy hours, and much more
All positions at Milestone require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The specific background checks are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, including final salary; criminal check; search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, and credit check by applying for a position with Milestone, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Milestone’s employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required for the position.