|Title:||Head of Onboarding|
|Location:||Headquarters - Santa Clara, CA|
Head of Onboarding
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Milestone is a private fast growing 300+ people Digital Marketing company. We are part of a $120 billion fast-growing digital marketing industry having a 15% growth rate. You will have the ability to work with unique platforms and cutting-edge technologies.The position serves as a key member of the Global Customer Success leadership team. As the director of onboarding, you will have the responsibility of leading a highly skilled team of project managers, onboarding customer success managers and solution consultants in all aspects of the onboarding, service delivery and implementation services. You will work closely with Senior Management, Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success and COE teams to ensure flawless execution of projects ensuring that they are delivered with the highest quality, on-time, within scope and within budget. The candidate will be able to hire, motivate, develop and retain quality service delivery team members; build and ensure adherence to deployment processes; leverage systems and tools to drive productivity; and leverage metrics to improve performance of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive company strategy in the development and execution of service delivery and implementation services.
- Provide superior onboarding experience to Milestone’s customers
- Lead a geographically distributed service delivery function that includes project managers, onboarding CSMs and solution consultants to onboard customers globally onto Milestone’s product and services
- Lead by example to cultivate and maintain Milestone culture and best practices within the team
- Manage and develop a highly motivated onboarding team, including hiring, motivation, professional development, and retention
- Identify and facilitate training programs which will improve product knowledge, technical skills, process know-how and customer handling skills of team members
- Work with the sales team to develop and present proposals, scope of work and final agreements for complex projects
- Design, develop and implement processes, systems, and technology to operationalize and improve the onboarding function
- Ensure integration of implementation services with other functions, such as sales, product, engineering, COE and customer success teams by defining touch-points, hand-offs, SLAs, etc.
- Define, track and improve operational metrics for effective service delivery operations
- Handle customer and internal escalations and deal personally with difficult project situations and issues
- Work with Milestone's sales, product, engineering, customer success and COE teams to identify and optimize the end to end service delivery operations
- Work with the relevant teams to identify, prioritize and resolve project issues in order to meet customer objectives and project goals
- Feed “Product Intelligence” and “Customer Intelligence” to the product, engineering, COE and customer success teams
- Improve book to bill (time to value) to increase Milestone’s revenue and margins
- Maintain a high rate of utilization in the team
- Continuously identify ways of process improvement and increasing productivity of the team
- A minimum of ten years of service delivery and/or professional services experience
- Experience in customer engagement management and strong project management ideally in the area of digital marketing. Experience must include interactions and building relationships at the executive decision maker level as well as handling of large complex customer projects
- Must have led large customer facing website development projects. Exposure to digital marketing including SEO, APIs, search technologies, digital marketing strategies such as SEO, Google Ads, PPC, Social media is highly desirable
- Must have 5+ years experience leading teams
- Experience working with large enterprise customers
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to influence, work, establish and maintain influential relationships with customers and cross functional team members
- Ability to analyze and enhance best practices, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of implementation services delivery
- Excellent communications skills, both in written and verbal communications, with the ability to deliver effective group presentations, group facilitation and one-on-one consultation is a must
- Must have the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Self motivated, flexible and results driven
- Requires a passion for delivering customer success
- BS / BA. MBA is preferred
About Milestone Inc.
For over 20 years, Milestone has been a leading provider of digital marketing software and services for location-based businesses. Over 2,000 companies in Hospitality, Retail, Financial Services and Automotive industries rely on Milestone to power their digital marketing strategies. Milestone has garnered over 500 awards, has been short listed 3 consecutive years for the US Search awards and won Search Engine Land's prestigious "Best overall SEO-SEM campaign" in 2018. Milestone has gained a reputation for blending outstanding digital marketing expertise with advanced technological capabilities and is one of Silicon Valley Business Journal's fastest growing companies and an Inc. 5,000 company.