|Location:||India - Bangalore|
Title: Director of Finance
Experience: 10+ years
Location: Bangalore / Ahmedabad, Gujarat
About Milestone Inc.
For over 20 years, Milestone has been a leading provider of digital marketing software and services for location-based businesses. Over 2,000 companies in Hospitality, Retail, Financial Services and Automotive industries rely on Milestone to power their digital marketing strategies. Milestone has garnered over 500 awards, has been short listed 3 consecutive years for the US Search awards and won Search Engine Land's prestigious "Best overall SEO-SEM campaign" in 2018. Milestone has gained a reputation for blending outstanding digital marketing expertise with advanced technological capabilities and is one of Silicon Valley Business Journal's fastest growing companies and an Inc. 5,000 company.
Milestone Inc. is looking for a Director of Finance, to join our quickly growing team in Bangalore, India. You will have the opportunity to build out the FP&A function and manage various aspects of our finance operations. If you have a strong FP&A background, experience with startups (SaaS) as well as public companies, excellent analytical skills, superb modeling and communication skills, enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
- Institute an FP&A process for the company, including budgets at the company and departmental level, a comparison of budget to actual results, as well as long term forecasts
- Manage our team of third-party accountants and own our monthly close process
- Drive internal accounting practices and controls appropriate for a SaaS company
- Optimize and own the structure of our GL to improve reporting needs and forecasting accuracy
- Own expense management and improve current processes
- Manage finance accounting systems: NetSuite, Expensify, and advise us on the required evolution of our systems
- Oversee the preparation of custom financial report package for Digital Media groups’ management to assist them in effectively managing the business and controlling spend.
- Ensure that the monthly financial results for the Digital Media Group are accurately stated
- Ensure that spend by channel is updated as when required and accurate
- Reconcile actual spend with invoices received from vendors monthly
- Be a trusted partner to the business.
- Deliver value-added business analysis, defining and reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful business decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Finance/Accounting and Management experience overall with 3+ years of SaaS experience
- Very strong financial analysis and modeling skills, with knowledge of GAAP accounting within SaaS industries
- Exceptional communication skills to present analysis and work product to the executive team and with our investors, including building new relationships
- Knowledge of and management of Payroll and HR practices