IT Specialist - Part time
|Job Title:||IT Specialist - Part time |
|Department:||IT & MIS|
|Location:||Headquarters - Santa Clara, CA|
IT Specialist - Part Time
We are looking for a part-time entry-level self-motivated IT candidate with 1 to 2 years of experience to join our core Information Technology team responsible for supporting all aspects of our company’s IT infrastructure, services and users primarily in Santa Clara Office area and other remote locations if needed.
We are well-established and growing with multiple offices worldwide. If you are innovative, like problem solving and technical challenges, like collaborating with others to find the best solution, and want to be in an environment where you are valued as you learn and grow within your career, we'd like to talk to you.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide onsite and remote employee technical support:
- Support employee workstations, applications, network services, software, printers, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Provide employee training on new technologies and enterprise services.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the timely and professional resolution of employee problems, logged and tracked through our internal ticketing system.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge base articles for employee use as well as internal IT processes.
- Manage and provision new employee workstations, VoIP phone and other end user computing devices.
- Document existing and new IT systems, services and processes.
- Work with IT vendors for support needs
- Participates in planning and rolling out of new enterprise wide company software and services.
- Participate in research projects into new technology or services (hardware, software, devices, services, etc.)
- Maintain/Upgrade/Update company servers, network equipment, software and other core services (we will provide training)
- Laptops (Mac & Windows), tablet, smart phone troubleshooting skills
- Experience in system & basic network administration and/or related Information Technology field.
- High attention to detail and skilled at problem analysis and troubleshooting
- Ability to meet deadlines and do well under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with, Microsoft Office Suite/365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong focus on customer service and follow-up
- Friendly and helpful attitude
Nice to know with but not required:
- General understanding of DNS (A records, Cname, MX records, SPF, etc.)
- Knowledge in PC hardware enhancements, replacement and troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft client and server OS’ environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP) and Group Policy concepts.
- Experience with IP network management and a solid understanding and working knowledge of networking and related protocols, services, technologies and concepts (e.g. DNS, DHCP, SNMP, LDAP, FTP, HTTP/S, SMTP, SSL, RDP, telnet, SSH, IPsec, VLANs, VPN, routing, switching, firewall, proxy services, wireless services, network security, and physical network cabling.)
- Experience with storage management; hardware and software (SAN, NAS).
- Working knowledge of network router/switch/firewall configuration and troubleshooting a plus.
Top Reason to work for Milestone:
- Great place to learn with phenomenal growth opportunity
- Stable and rapidly growing company
- Opportunity to work with a fun, amazing and talented team
- Exciting and innovative work environment
- Monthly and quarterly events include: birthday celebrations, ice cream socials, etc.…
GO BACK TO CAREERS