|Title:||Business Intelligence Developer|
|Location:||India - Bangalore|
Job Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Bangalore, India
We are looking for a Analytics professional with
- Business data analysis skills using large data sets
- Expert in SQL programming, building data pipelines and visualization tools.
- Able to weave stories with meaningful insight from data.
- Excellent communication skills
- Translate business needs into analytics opportunities and solutions
- Innovate and develop interactive ML driven tools for improving business offerings
- Good in R, PySpark/Mahout, Python and SQL.
Good knowledge or experience in Analytics implementation and reporting is a plus.
This role will come up with creative ways to demonstrate value of milestone services to clients, troubleshoot data trends related questions in story telling format and continuously train and coach CSM team to understand latest in business intelligence field.
Applicant will be expected to work with a diverse set of data sources, such as time series data, click stream, semi-structured and unstructured data, and build statistical/machine-learning models in support of on-demand, real-time analytic services. The applicant should also have strong skills in explaining and interpreting the analytic models and outcomes in both research and application contexts.
This position is based out of Milestone’s India Office in Bangalore. This role requires the ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels, touching all aspects of the Analytics including reporting, dashboard, BI development, data analysis and understanding of digital media and SEO.
- Ability to parse huge volume of data using SQL, Python and other query languages
- Knowledge or experience in using Google Big query
- Ability to think and build creative visualization that speaks the story.
- Excellent data story teller will be outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to unravel hidden data stories and communicate same effectively.
- Conduct detailed and advanced analyses of new and existing businesses covering a variety of areas including financial modeling pricing, ROI analysis, revenue optimization, and product performance.
- Research, design and prototype novel models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling in order to solve hard analytics problems, where the problems may range from exploratory to highly applied.
- Suggest appropriate analysis, ideas and data points to help drive business decisions – collaborate with business partners to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth and improved customer retention - Lead and execute analytics problems end-to-end.
- Skilled at probing for, evaluating and synthesizing data from disparate data sources to draw interpretive insights.
- Assist with preparation of reports, written analyses, trial and other presentations, quantitative exhibits, and other client deliverables regarding project scope and/or results of work performed;
- Maintain professional image within the company and project the same to those outside of the company.
- Understand the Key Performance Indicators/Metrics that show movement within the marketing objectives, e.g., leads, new customers, social mentions
- Serve as a subject matter expert for clickstream analytics when we perform POC on new platforms and technologies as we move to performant ways to analyze and explore the large clickstream data set.
- Agent of optimization and improvement in SEO, paid marketing, site and UX design.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Expert in SQL and some intermediate skills in Python.
- Experienced BI professions with a minimum 3+ years of extensive, hands-on experience in business data analysis and developing hypothesis.
- Great problem solving skills with the ability to fill missing gaps and find opportunities.
- 3 years or more with enterprise data analytics tools (ex., Tableau) and technologies
- Experience building data science models using PySpark, Mahout, R and Tensorflow.
- Experience in Scala or Python scripting.
- 3+ year experience with relational SQL
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to analyze and resolve a problem at tactical, functional, and strategic levels.
- Skilled at interfacing with clients and understanding their needs.
- Knowledge of hospitality and retails verticals is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics or similar analytics-focused degree
- 3+ years in analytics/business intelligence.
About Milestone Inc.
Milestone is a leading provider of digital marketing software and services for hospitality, retail and finance. We provide a full range of solutions including website and mobile design, content creation, SEO, analytics and competitive intelligence. Our best in class technology and solutions drive revenue and ROI for clients across the globe. Over 2,000 companies do business with Milestone, including leading hotel chains, major retailers and financial services companies. Milestone has garnered over 300 awards and a reputation for blending outstanding design with advanced technological capabilities. Milestone is one of Silicon Valley Business Journal's fastest growing companies and is an Inc. 5000 company.
Top Reasons to work for Milestone:
- 5 Days a Week
- Great place to learn with phenomenal growth opportunity
- Stable and rapidly growing company
- New, professional corporate offices in the heart of the plush professional location of M.G Road, Bangalore India
- Opportunity to work with a fun, amazing and talented team
- Great benefits – Mediclaim and paid holidays (per year)
- Exciting and innovative work environment
- Employee referral incentive program
- Monthly and quarterly events include: birthday celebrations, ice cream socials, etc.