Head of Technology
|Title:||Head of Technology|
|Department:||IT & MIS|
|Location:||India - Ahmedabad|
Job Title: Head of Technology
Job Location: Ahmedabad, India
Vacancies : 1
Apply Here: https://jobs.milestoneinternet.com/x/apply/a260wmlgh1m0
Milestone is looking for experienced and highly motivated Head of Technology with passion for product development and well-designed solutions to complex problems, that make positive impact in our lives. Strong team management skills with keen software architecture and technology road mapping. A global expert with cross-platform expertise who has built scalable software development organizations, specializes in SaaS delivery. Position will report directly to the engineering lead in the US and work closely with all the team members in India, US Product Management and IT teams, and other various departments leads.
- Hands on front line Manager who leads and develops an effective team of Software Team Leaders, Software Engineers and QA Testers.
- Experience with consumer-centric SaaS products.
- Consistently pulls in the appropriate resources from internal teams and other teams in the organization in order to ensure the most optimal results.
- Facilitate productive and positive team communication and collaboration. This includes but is not limited to: fostering an environment of transparency and open discussion, resource planning and working closely with other leaders and direct reports.
- Mentor and support the professional, technical and personal growth of team members. Help develop their career path by assigning projects tailored to their potential, personality, work style and goals while encouraging healthy exploration beyond their comfort zone.
- Expedite project deliverables while maintaining sustainable work pace that does not compromise on standards and quality.
- Ability to drill down on requirements focusing on the details, both from the user perspective as well as technical feasibility. Be able to guide the evolution of requirements, prioritization and release planning.
- Ability to review code / design and validate implementation against requirements and assumptions
- Ability to come up with high level estimates as well as work breakdown structure with reasonable accuracy
- Ability to plan and execute a complete release
- Ability and willingness to roll up the sleeves and write/understand code
- Ability to discuss pros and cons of various technologies / architecture and make decisions.
- Ability to come up with new processes to improve overall delivery and also make sure existing process involving design, code review, CI, documentation, etc. are strictly followed by all team members.
- Ability to motivate the team to get things done on time with highest quality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passionate about people, process, and technologies and able to inspire and motivate others.
- Experience setting and achieving sound goals, including SMART goal principles.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders and groups in the organization.
- Strong work ethic with a sense of ownership, urgency, and drive and an unwavering commitment to do the right thing.
- Proven leadership in facilitating complex discussions to achieve goals and solve problems. Proven analytical and decision-making skills.
- Experience in Lean-Agile development methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS production environment.
Education, Certification, License and Training):
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
Milestone is a leading digital marketing software and services company, providing solutions to the lodging industry. For more than 16 years, Milestone Internet Marketing has been a pioneer and provider of internet marketing software and services, including website design, Galexi CMS, mobile sites, content creation, Social Media Management software, Reputation Management software, and SEO for worldwide clients across multiple industries.
Top Reasons to work for Milestone:
- 5 Days a Week
- Great place to learn with phenomenal growth opportunity
- Stable and rapidly growing company
- New, professional corporate offices in the heart of the plush professional/residential location of Prahladnagar
- Opportunity to work with a fun, amazing and talented team
- Great benefits - Mediclaim and Paid holidays (per year)
- Exciting and innovative work environment
- Employee referral incentive program
- Monthly and quarterly events include: birthday celebrations, ice cream socials, etc
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications