Platform Product Manager
|Title:||Platform Product Manager|
|Location:||Headquarters - Santa Clara, CA|
Platform Product Manager
Santa Clara, CA
Would you like to work on the fast-paced Product Management team out there? Do you like to work on systems that need to fulfill the most complex industry requirements but make them go easy? Come join our team as a product manager for the market-leading and award-winning Milestone CMS.
Milestone, an industry leader in digital marketing technology, services, and website design, is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager who is a strong, growth-minded, is well-versed in Content Management Systems and digital marketing standards and practices that influence search.
We are looking for a hands-on Platform Product Manager with strong technical aptitude and experience to lead and deliver a variety of Milestone Presence Cloud Suite product initiatives. You will interface with customers, prospects, and partners to understand user needs and customer use cases. In addition, you will work with Sales, Marketing, and Services to understand competitive trends, communicate product positioning, key benefits, and be the evangelist for your product offering. You’ll be working on cutting edge technologies with our engineering teams to deliver highly innovative, cloud-based products. Following agile methodologies and a DevOps approach you will ensure the best possible customer experience. Your role will consist of both, prioritizing customer and implementation partner feedback to enhance the internal engineer and external partner workflows and optimize project implementations. You’ll be deeply engaged with your peers at Milestone contributing to building the overall Milestone Platform. The Senior Product Manager serves as a product champion by deeply understanding customer requirements and market landscape and then evangelizes these requirements and objectives with multiple teams across Milestone.
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Define functional requirements, develop detailed product specifications and associated project work plans for Milestone Product Suite features and key enhancements requests.
- Collaborate across teams. Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering, marketing, sales, services and other stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Support the Milestone Services team on project governance activities (project plans, weekly status reviews, cross-functional meetings, executive status reviews).
- Effectively and proactively communicate with customers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Mentor core customer team members on Platform capabilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or similar field and Master of Science or Business Administration degrees.
- 5+ years of work experience, with project experience in big data, cloud computation, and analytics.
- Understanding of modern compute technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Cassandra, Azure/AWS/GCP services).
- Understanding of cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures; familiarity/Strength with AWS, Azure, or GCP and related services is essential.
- Grasp the big picture, while still delivering on the details.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Significant experience defining and launching features and functionality, both for end-user experiences and internal-user needs
- Passion for a customer-first approach and a drive to intimately understand customer and partner needs
- Implementing design and brand systems in scalable pattern libraries
- Develop a long-term vision and product strategy for the evolution of the Cloud platform based on current and anticipated trends
- Manage product by setting investment priorities, ensuring cross-team communication, and shepherding the Agile SCRUM software development process with engineering.
- Working collaboratively with product marketing, pricing and corporate marketing teams to develop marketing plans, positioning, core messaging, presentations, demos and sales tools to support the launch of new products with customers
- Being a 'Subject Matter Expert', by understanding prospects and customers, delivering strategic assessments and benchmarking against market expectations.
- Delivering Demos, Technical Presentations and Workshops for key stakeholders in the business.
- Undergraduate computer science degree from top university required.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: