Job Title: Analytics Engineer – Scripting, automation and data mining
Location: Bangalore or Ahmedabad
We are looking for an Analytics professional with:
- Business data analysis skills using large data sets
- Expert in scripting language such as Python, java script, Perl, and data base languages such as SQL.
- Ability to ingest data using API from external sources, run machine learning or rule-based algorithm on them and then post it to respective external systems using APIs.
- Data science/Machine learning modelling is a plus
- Able to weave stories with meaningful insight from data.
- Excellent communication skills
- Translate business needs into analytics opportunities and solutions
- Innovate and develop interactive ML driven tools for improving business offerings
- Experience in Tableau, Data studio or any popular dash boarding tool.
This role will leverage advanced API/scripting skills to interact with myriad paid media platforms and leverage machine learning and data processing rules to create output audiences or data sets that can be plugged back to paid marketing systems. Some of the sample projects this person will lead are as below:
- Understanding audiences
- Leverage management APIs for various system for scalable management.
- Machine learning optimization for digital media spend
- Identify high propensity audiences
- Java scripting to do various types of validation for smooth paid marketing operations.
Applicant will be expected to work with a diverse set of data sources, such as time series data, click stream, semi-structured and unstructured data, and build statistical/machine-learning models in support of on-demand, real-time analytic services. The applicant should also have strong skills in explaining and interpreting the analytic models and outcomes in both research and application contexts.
This position is based in India office. This role requires the ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels, touching all aspects of the digital media and Analytics including reporting, dashboard, BI development, data analysis, spend optimization, digital media advanced segmentation and generating higher ROAS using machine learning
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to independently explore and identify right APIs and methodology to ingest data using APIs from many digital media vendor systems/platforms
- Create centralized UI to manage digital media pull and push to external platforms
- Apply machine learning and data science models to data to perform advanced audience segmentation and targeting.
- Excellent data story teller will be outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to unravel hidden data stories and communicate same effectively.
- Conduct detailed and advanced analyses of new and existing businesses covering a variety of areas including financial modeling pricing, ROI analysis, revenue optimization, and product performance.
- Research, design and prototype novel models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling in order to solve hard analytics problems, where the problems may range from exploratory to highly applied.
- Suggest appropriate analysis, ideas and data points to help drive business decisions – collaborate with business partners to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth and improved customer retention - Lead and execute analytics problems end-to-end.
- Skilled at probing for, evaluating and synthesizing data from disparate data sources to draw interpretive insights.
- Assist with preparation of reports, written analyses, trial and other presentations, quantitative exhibits, and other client deliverables regarding project scope and/or results of work performed;
- Maintain professional image within the company and project the same to those outside of the company.
- Understand the Key Performance Indicators/Metrics that show movement within the marketing objectives, e.g., leads, new customers, social mentions
- Serve as a subject matter expert for click stream analytics when we perform POC on new platforms and technologies as we move to performant ways to analyze and explore the large click stream data set.
- Agent of optimization and improvement in SEO, paid marketing, site and UX design.
- Experienced in the field of scripting , API usage and data processing using different technologies for 5+ years.
- Great problem solving skills with the ability to fill missing gaps and find opportunities.
- 3 years or more with enterprise data analytics tools (ex., Tableau) and technologies
- Experience building data science models using PySpark, Mahout, R and Tensorflow.
- Experience in Scala or Python scripting.
- 3+ year experience with relational SQL
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to analyze and resolve a problem at tactical, functional, and strategic levels.
- Skilled at interfacing with clients and understanding their needs.
- Knowledge of hospitality and retails verticals is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics or similar analytics-focused degree
5+ years in Scripting, API usage and data manipulation and processing.
Experience in business intelligence development for 3+ years.
About Milestone Inc.
Milestone is a leading provider of digital marketing software and services for hospitality, retail and finance. We provide a full range of solutions including website and mobile design, content creation, SEO, digital media, analytics and competitive intelligence. Our best in class technology and solutions drive revenue and ROI for clients across the globe. Over 2,000 companies do business with Milestone, including leading hotel chains, major retailers and financial services companies. Milestone has garnered over 300 awards and a reputation for blending outstanding design with advanced technological capabilities. Milestone is one of Silicon Valley Business Journal's fastest growing companies and is an Inc. 5000 company.
Top Reasons to work for Milestone:
5 Days a Week
Great place to learn with phenomenal growth opportunity
Stable and rapidly growing company
Opportunity to work with a fun, amazing and talented team
Great benefits – Mediclaim and paid holidays (per year)
Exciting and innovative work environment
Employee referral incentive program
Monthly and quarterly events include: birthday celebrations, ice cream socials, etc.