Job Title: IT Specialist
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Full time regular employee at Milestone Inc.
For more than 21 years, Milestone has been a leading digital marketing software and services company. The Milestone Digital Presence Cloud helps location-based businesses manage their online presence. From compelling websites and location pages to local search, social media, reviews and analytics. Milestone's unique “software + services” approach allows us to provide exceptional software backed by our service-based approach to provide the highest return on investment in any vertical.
Milestone is also a leading digital marketing agency for hotels, restaurants, retail stores, and banks across the globe. We leverage an optimal mix of strategies to drive revenue, traffic, and leads, providing a holistic digital presence for our clients, and services that include hotel website design, location page design for retailers and banks, and local SEO. We help you optimize marketing spend by understanding what's working and identifying critical competitive opportunities.
With offices in Santa Clara, Washington DC and Chicago, Milestone offers cutting-edge strategies and products for location based businesses around the world. Milestone was named one of Silicon Valley’s fastest growing private companies for several years in the row by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and is also listed in the Inc. 5000. For more information on Milestone’s services and products, please visit us at www.milestoneinternet.com
We are looking for a mid-level self-motivated IT candidate with 3 to 5 years of experience to join our core Information Technology team responsible for supporting all aspects of our company’s IT infrastructure, services and users primarily in Santa Clara Office area and other remote locations if needed (This is a full-time position with benefits including medical, dental, paid time off and retirement plan.)
We are well-established and growing with multiple offices worldwide. If you are innovative, like problem solving and technical challenges, like collaborating with others to find the best solution, and want to be in an environment where you are valued as you learn and grow within your career, we'd like to talk to you.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Domain purchasing, setting up DNS and IIS 8.1 for website hosting.
- Provide onsite and remote employee technical support:
- Support employee workstations, applications, network services, software, printers, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Provide employee training on new technologies and enterprise services.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the timely and professional resolution of employee problems, logged and tracked through our internal ticketing system.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge base articles for employee use as well as internal IT processes.
- Manage and provision new employee workstations, VoIP phone and other end user computing devices.
- Document existing and new IT systems, services and processes.
- Work with IT vendors for support needs
- Provide support and technical services for various core network devices & services; WAN and LAN connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls, Wi-Fi, printers, VPN, VoIP, etc.
- Provide support and technical services for various company servers and 3rd party services.
- Participates in planning and rolling out of new enterprise wide company software and services.
- Participate in research projects into new technology or services (hardware, software, devices, services, etc.)
- Makes recommendations for improving existing systems and processes.
- Manage company backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Maintain/Upgrade/Update company servers, network equipment, software and other core services
- Diploma, Microsoft Certified or Cisco Certified
- 3+ years of experience in system & network administration and/or related Information Technology field.
- High attention to detail and skilled at problem analysis and troubleshooting
- Ability to meet deadlines and do well under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Jira and/or NetSuite
- Strong focus on customer service and follow-up
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- General understanding of DNS (A records, Cname, MX records, SPF, etc.)
- Knowledge in PC hardware enhancements, replacement and troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft client and server OS’ environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP) and Group Policy concepts.
- Experience with IP network management and a solid understanding and working knowledge of networking and related protocols, services, technologies and concepts (e.g. DNS, DHCP, SNMP, LDAP, FTP, HTTP/S, SMTP, SSL, RDP, telnet, SSH, IPsec, VLANs, VPN, routing, switching, firewall, proxy services, wireless services, network security, and physical network cabling.)
- Experience with storage management; hardware and software (SAN, NAS).
- Working knowledge of network router/switch/firewall configuration and troubleshooting a plus.
- Laptops (Mac & Windows), tablet, smart phone troubleshooting skills
Top Reason to work for Milestone:
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Amazing work atmosphere and culture
- Opportunity to innovate and work with very talented co-workers
- Top 75 fastest growing private companies in Silicon Valley
- Health Benefits – no or low cost to employees and their families
- Life/Work balance = 15 days PTO, 9 Holidays
- Quarterly and Annual events: cooking event, ping pong, Summer picnic
- Friday Breakfast and Snack Shop at all locations
Sr. Corporate Recruiter | Office: 408-200-6944
Milestone| Santa Clara Office