Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Santa Clara, CA
A full-time regular employee at Milestone Inc.
Milestone Inc. is expanding its team of talented professionals by adding a full-time Senior Project Manager to our Santa Clara to focus on supporting clients and account managers on website development projects, multi-channel and creative campaign development projects, internal product enhancements, etc.
Milestone Project Managers (PjM) are intelligent problem solvers with strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be self-starters, able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, client-driven environment. PjMs must be able to generate and validate estimates across the lifecycle of the project (requirements, design, development, etc.), and understand technical details to accurately report project status and manage dependencies, risk, and day-to-day development activities.
PjMs must be able to lead all members of the project teams by example; understanding the client needs, performing within the scope or work, and driving technical tasks with the programming and development teams. PjMs are expected to both emulate Milestone core values in the leadership of teams and contribute to the larger Milestone community by providing thought leadership and developing/refining processes and tools.
This position has opportunities to get involved in product development and business development and based on experience and proven skills could lead to promotion to Senior Project Manager, Team Lead.
This position requires understanding of digital marketing, project management, web development processes and timelines and constant interactions with internal technical and non-technical departments and external clients. A perfect candidate for this role is able to combine both technical and client facing skills to the benefit of both Milestone and our clients. Basic coding skills and general understanding of application programming and design are highly valued.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own entire projects, managing timelines, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project delivery dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
- Liaise between clients and internal teams; between Web Designer, Programming and Content Teams to facilitate communication and meet deadlines. Monitor day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned.
- Work with the Programming Manager to effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals.
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels.
- Consistently identify needs that Clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Assist Product and Programming teams to improve upon and develop new products to meet client needs and speed up development processes, company-wide.
- Conduct project postmortems and proactively identify opportunities for improvement to all process and tools used in the execution of project activities.
- Overseeing junior team members including training.
- Develop accurate scopes for unique marketing projects.
- Lead by example – show strong leadership in the team and share knowledge and experience to help grow junior members of the team.
- Assist Onboarding Teams with improving internal department and company processes.
Top Reasons to work for Milestone
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in project management at a digital agency or similar, ideally in website development.
- Knowledge of project management/planning software (Jira, Netsuite etc.)
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills (MS Office proficient)
- Proven time management skills, the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent client facing and relationship management skills.
- Prior experience leading creative discovery for high level clients.
- Self-motivated, creative, confident and energetic personality
- Self-learner and a willingness to drive your own career progression
- Must be a team player
o Great place to learn with phenomenal growth opportunity
o Stable and rapidly growing company
o Opportunity to work with a fun, amazing and talented team
o Great benefits – medical, dental, vision, 401k
o Phantom stock options
o Bonus initiatives offered
o Exciting and innovative work environment
o Employee referral incentive program
o Breakfast every Friday
o Happy Hour every other Friday
o Monthly events include: birthday celebrations, ice cream socials, fondue, and etc.
o Quarterly outings include: bowling, cooking classes, scavenger hunts, happy hours, and much more
For more than 21 years, Milestone has been a leading digital marketing software and services company. The Milestone Digital Presence Cloud helps location-based businesses manage their online presence. From compelling websites and location pages to local search, social media, reviews and analytics. Milestone's unique “software + services” approach allows us to provide exceptional software backed by our service-based approach to provide the highest return on investment in any vertical.
Milestone is also a leading digital marketing agency for hotels, restaurants, retail stores, and banks across the globe. We leverage an optimal mix of strategies to drive revenue, traffic, and leads, providing a holistic digital presence for our clients, and services that include hotel website design, location page design for retailers and banks, and local SEO. We help you optimize marketing spend by understanding what's working and identifying critical competitive opportunities.
With offices in Santa Clara, Washington DC and Chicago, Milestone offers cutting-edge strategies and products for location based businesses around the world. Milestone was named one of Silicon Valley’s fastest growing private companies for several years in the row by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and is also listed in the Inc. 5000. For more information on Milestone’s services and products, please visit us at www.milestoneinternet.com